Sunday, December 28, 2008

Boring Birthdays

I don't remember my first birthday, but I've heard it was a big deal.  I remember the other big ones--13, 16, 18, 21, 30--but the minor birthdays usually just happen.  Dinner.  Singing.  Cake.  Presents. Rinse and repeat.

Today is my 32nd birthday.  This morning my kids woke me up at 6:45, but instead of hearing fighting or someone yelling, "I poo-ooped!" I heard the kids hatching a plan to make me birthday cards.  (It was supposed to be a surprise, but my kids are incapable of modulating volume, so I heard every adorable detail.)

The rest of the day was comfortable.  We went to Denny's (no more free birthday meals unless you "register" beforehand... where's the fun in that?), saw a movie, made brownies, and tried out Lily's new Easy Bake Oven.

Oh, and I started a blog.  We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment